We have an exciting opportunity for a
Senior Technical Delivery Manager
The Project management and Business Analysis function is part of the Omni System and Delivery team and is responsible for changes to Michael Kors Ecommerce platform (+50 sites worldwide) and Michael Kors Customer Apps. The Project management and Business Analysis function sits alongside the QA, Product management and Engineering & Architecture function within the Omni System and Delivery team. We are a Global team responsible for delivering change to both North America and EMEA regions.
Who You Are:
You are energetic, positive, reliable, keen-learner and self-motivated. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment whilst still being meticulous with attention to detail, are fashion-curious and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing in a demanding environment. You should be a Project Manager / Delivery Lead with technical system knowledge, experience and ability to be ‘hands-on’ when required.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Technical Delivery Manager is responsible for the process execution and orchestration of delivering the change, managing outcomes of all stream specialties as well as partnering with wider business delivery teams to deliver on time and to budget. Defining the “when” (timeline) and the “who” (resources). This role is responsible for project delivery from the Initiation stage where concepts are evaluated, assessed and high-level solutions decided, through the Analysis & Planning and Execution stages, supporting deployment to live/Production including transition and closure activities.
- Be technically competent with system knowledge, experience and ability to be ‘hands-on’ when required.
- Own the full life cycle of a project — design, to approvals, to build and launch, and to continued innovation.
- Manage the delivery of change using different methodologies including, Disciplined Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offering.
- Facilitate planning and implementation, including needs assessments, strategic planning, adaptation to local needs, and identifying best practices.
- Define and iterate on the delivery process for the project/stream/team, with input from all team members, to ensure the team are working efficiently, effectively and happily.
- Be able to work with Technology leaders to launch innovative digital products that solve user problems and drive business goals working alongside the Product management team.
- Orchestrate the timely delivery of all deliverables from the team, holding the team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities by coordinating and managing the stream resources across internal and external parties. Help project members prioritise their work in alignment with all the teams to priorities in and across functions.
- Own all reporting for the project participating in regular business reviews with leadership and stakeholders and raise risks to team members and stakeholders when necessary.
- Manage and prioritize multiple moving pieces, keeping teams on-track and protected from external influences that might impact their time, while being flexible to changing priorities and realities.
- Apply for and manage the project budget.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Solid program and delivery management experience.
- Familiarity with some key common aspects of our solutions, including large eCommerce platforms such as Oracle ATG, Salesforce and also other typical systems within an eCommerce landscape.
- Experience / knowledge of modern design approaches including best use of eCommerce platforms, componentized architectures, micro-services, cloud services and SaaS solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Able to operate with considerable autonomy and discretion.
- Comfortable operating under uncertainty and tight timelines.
- Experience facilitating workshops for 20+ participants.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management.
- A self-starter, equally confident working collaboratively and autonomously.
- Project Management qualification (PMI, APM, PRINCE2).
We’d Love to See:
- Analytical and technical mind-set.
- Driven, pragmatic and focused on project delivery.
- Retail e-commerce experience.
- SalesForce Commerce Cloud experience an advantage.
- Highly commercial with a desire to learn how world class businesses operate and set new standards for excellence.
- Experience in strategy consulting, e-commerce and/or other customer-obsessed businesses.